What is in Your Teapot?
by Lois Stone
There is perhaps, nothing more comforting to me on a rainy day than to relax in my front porch swing, with a good book in one hand, a cup of hot tea in the other, and of course, a dog at my feet. Or on my lap. Sometimes this can be a challenge as most of my dogs are not toy breeds. Out of my 4 German Shepherds, and one lab mix, there are 3 of them that think they are lap dogs. Unfortunately for me I have not taught them any differently!
At any rate, tea has long been associated with comfort.
2 Cor.1:3-5 says that God is the Father of all comfort…..He comforts us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort those who are in any trouble with the comfort with which we ourselves have been comforted by God.
What is COMFORT? I looked it up in Dictionary and I find that comfort is defined as not only something or someone that is consoling, but its also a person or thing that makes life easier. Its Refreshing. Relaxation. Exhortation. Encouragement. We all know that a teapot of tea served at our bible studies or get togethers is a relaxing refreshment.
As women of God, I ask you, what’s in your teapot? The kind of tea you put in your teapot is the kind of tea that will come out of your teapot…so I ask you, is the tea coming out of your teapot influencing others around you to feel relaxed, refreshed and encouraged to go on?
Are you pouring the special blend of ChristianiTea from your teapots?
I’d like to tell you the different types of tea that goes into this special blend.
ChristianiTea consists largely of:
PurtiTea and HonesTea..…the Christian woman is pure in heart, speech and mind, she always has Gods purpose on her heart …She loves it, she lives it!! In Proverbs 15:26 we find “the words of the pure are pleasant”… and we find in Prov 16:24 that, “Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweetness to the soul and health to the bones. And in Colossions 4:6 “her speech is always with grace, seasoned with salt.”
She always has an encouraging word, and encouraging words are comforting words aren’t they?! Her mind is always set on those things above in James 3:17, she is found to be always peaceable, gentle, willing to yield, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality and without hypocrisy.
Other blends of Tea found in ChristianiTea are
SobrietTea, there is no intoxicating drink in our teapots! Also constituent is SpiritualiTea, what a refreshing break from the worldly women that most people have become accustomed to today.
There is still a long list yet of ingredients in our ChristianiTea, I am going to just name off just a few more, you can probably think of others to add to make that pot of tea more perfect. Besides the ones I’ve already mentioned, there is CongenialiTea, HumiliTea, HonorabiliTea, LoyalTea, SensitiviTea.
Instead of serving PersnickiTea how about AgreeabilTea, and leaving no room for VaniTea in your teapot, but rather, CharitTea. Instead of ImmoraliTea, there is the strongest blend of MoraliTea.
Just as we find the comfort of God a pure and sure presence in our lives, we also know that sometimes, His comfort comes to us in the form of other persons. Therefore we must we be a comfort, a relaxing and refreshing presence in the lives of those around us. We want to leave tea stains of comfort in the hearts of others, of pure ChristianiTea, nothing added, nothing taken away, and always served in LOVE.
So it all boils down to…..
Philippians 4:8 - Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
For a as a man thinketh, so is he. Proverbs 23:7
Ladies, what kind of tea is going in and out of your teapots?

I really like this. I think i'm going to print it out and post it in my bible study notebook. Very wise words, and I love the connection to tea :)
ReplyDeletethanks Dottie!!! I am sorry im so late in replying. My computer doesnt let me reply on mine or anyone elses..I will be surprised to see if this one actually publishes.
Delete